Our Family Bio: Genealogical Services
Document and vital records searches (Central Virginia):
Repositories include: Library of Virginia; Virginia Historical Society; Richmond City, Chesterfield, Hanover, Powhatan, Amelia, and Henrico Counties Courthouses; Valentine Museum; local historical/genealogical societies.
- Standard retainer for approximately 6 hours (generally to immigrant ancestors or 4/5 generations)
- Additional fees for pedigree chart creation before 1850.
Lineage Societies: (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Huguenot, etc.)
- Provide evidence through qualifying records of lineal relationships to a specific ancestor
- Client must provide birth/marriage/death records for self, spouses/partners, and biological parents, as well as birth/marriage/death information on biological grandparents, before research begins.
- If no specific ancestor is known, see “Pedigree Chart Creation.”
- Application preparation is not offered. See the lineage society for assistance.
- Retainer includes 4 hours of research and initial research report
- Initial report will include recommendations for further research, after which new contracts for further research are negotiated.
- Research expenses may include, but aren’t limited to mileage, parking, repository fees, copies, postage, certificate fees, travel expenses including transportation, hotels, and car rentals.
DNA Testing for Genealogy:
- Two hour initial consultations
- Testing kit management
- Adoption/Unknown parent searches: per case basis
- Note: these are consulting fees and do not include the costs of DNA tests