I’m attending my first conference by the National Genealogical Society and I’m pretty excited. Follow along as I give my first impressions of the conference experience, and as I reflect on seminars I’ve attended. I have a few goals:
- I will improve my professional skills. Some of the giants in genealogy will be there. I intend to listen early and often. I will attend the BCG Certification Seminar.
- I will set a spending budget and stick to it. I won’t blow my budget on the first day in exhibit hall.
- I will focus other time on African-American and Virginia-focused lectures.
- I will meet some new friends and network with other Richmond area genealogists.
- The conference is non-stop for 4-5 days with over 2,000 attendess. I will take breaks to find a quiet place.
- I will exercise and make healthy eating choices.
The car’s gotten a tune up. A playlist is forming. Phone and tablet chargers are ready. Comfy shoes are packed. The schedule is uploaded. I’m ready.